With the retirement of our current Deputy Head Pastoral, we seek to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and committed person to join the Senior Leadership Team at The Elms. The post would suit someone with either middle management experience who is looking to take the next step in their career or someone currently involved in senior leadership.
About the role:
This is a senior post with the successful candidate working within a SLT of four members – the Headmaster, Deputy Head Academic and Bursar. The school currently has 157 pupils from nursery through to year 8 on role. This is an exciting position with the opportunity to lead and shape the pastoral direction of the school. The successful applicant will not be a form teacher but will be expected to teach up to 50% of a full timetable. As it is more important for us to appoint the right candidate, we welcome applications from those with any subject specialism.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking a lead role in the safeguarding element of the school.
- Along with the Deputy Head Academic, deputising for the headmaster in his absence.
- To play a key role in the strategic leadership and future direction of the school.
- Wider SLT duties and whole school initiatives.
- To share in the day to day aspects of running the school.
- Overseeing the pastoral care of all pupils at The Elms and to take the lead of the PSHE curriculum.
- Ownership of policies pertinent to the role including Counter Bullying and Safeguarding.
- Line management of a number of staff.
- Pastoral target setting and monitoring with responsibility for modules on the schools information system (iSAMS).
- Oversight of the organisation of the House system.
- A dedicated, hardworking professional willing to both lead and be involved in all aspects of a busy preparatory boarding school.
- An individual with high personal integrity and passion.
- A person who shows a strong knowledge of, and interest in, pastoral care, safeguarding and well-being.
- A person who has secure subject knowledge and is flexible in their approach.
- A leader who respects the school’s ethos, aims and values.
- A person who presents with a warm and engaging style and a good sense of humour.
- An individual with a high level of productivity and ability to complete tasks promptly and according to deadlines.
- A competitive salary (with pension contributions) according to qualifications and experience.
- School fee remission for staff children attending The Elms.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and supper) during term time.
- Accommodation on the school premises.
For more information or an application pack please contact the Head’s PA, Helena Grant: The Elms School, Colwall, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR13 6EF, Tel: 01684 540344 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications is 09:00 on Friday 31 January.
Long list interviews start Wednesday 5th February with short list interviews commencing Wednesday 12th February.
All applications must be submitted using the school application form. Should you wish to submit a CV in support of your application, please note that this will not be accepted on its own. Please include an accompanying letter in support of your application.
The Elms is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.