· Full Time
· The Elms School
· Student (High School)
You don’t need to go to university to kickstart your career!
By choosing Primary Goal as your training provider not only will you be learning whilst you’re earning you will also be keeping up to date with the latest technology. At the same time, you will gain amazing industry recognised Microsoft qualifications without the need of going to college: –
- Microsoft MTA Server Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Software Development Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Mobility & Devices Fundamentals
- BCS Business Processes
We are recruiting on behalf of The Elms School where you will gain valuable experience and a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification. We pride ourselves on the support we give our apprentices, you won’t be left on your own to figure things out, we will support you throughout your apprenticeship journey together with your employer!
About the Opportunity:
The Elms School have a genuine investment in childhood where the wellbeing of the child is central to everything they do. They celebrate their diversity and provide a truly inspirational start in life. They provide a tailored experince of every child. The size and nature of their school gives the comfort of an extended family feeling and allows them to enjoy small class sizes. Many staff bring their dogs to school and can be found in the classrooms running around at break time. This also adds to the warm family feel in the school.
What you will be doing:
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support– diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users on the school site but could include remote connection tools for users off-site
- Installation of new software and hardware as directed by the school and incumbent service support partner
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment as directed by your line manager (school staff)
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Support with technology asset management
- Social media and website updates
- Supporting staff to implement new technologies in the workplace
- Working with a range of technology hardware -Android, Windows, Mac
- Supporting the use of database systems and Content Management Software
- Use of a ticketing system for task allocation/monitoring
- Respond to requests for ICT support in accordance with Helpdesk procedures (NCI Technologies) and SLT priorities
- Support and maintain all The Elms IT hardware and services.
- Assist in the installation or repair of Windows computers/Chromebooks(students) with standardized applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving problems that develop in their day to day use operations
- Assist in a wide range of technical duties associated with the computer networking and desktop services, primarily in connection with existing installations and upgrading of the installations. (desktop computers, IWB, printers, telephones, scanners, projectors, lecterns and digital signage)
- Prior knowledge of iSAMS/Microsoft Teams may be advantageous
The training you’ll be provided with:
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to satisfy pre-employment screening checks such as an enhanced DBS Check.
Monday to Friday working pattern to be confirmed. 30 hours per week term time only. (There may be some flexibility to increase the hours if required)
£6.00p/h for the first 12 months. The remaining 6 months of the apprenticeship will be paid at the National Minimum Wage according to your age.
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Where a Primary Goal apprenticeship can take you:
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
Disability Confident: Primary Goal is committed to being a Disability Confident Training Provider, and as such will make reasonable adjustments required for interview. Please discuss any requirements which you may have with the Recruitment Team.
PLEASE NOTE that we will require a copy of your personal CV.
When completing your CV, please consider the job description and the role you are applying for.