The Elms is looking for a teaching assistant to support to work collaboratively with the classroom teachers in their responsibility for the development and education of children (aged 7-13), especially those who have special educational needs. This is a position which requires 10 hours per week, term time only.
The job would involve:
– supporting with pupils’ school work during class under the supervision of the teacher
– helping pupils increase their confidence, self-esteem and independence
– preparing learning materials
– helping children understand instructions and encouraging them to communicate
– giving feedback on progress to teachers
The successful candidate ideally should have:
– A relevant professional qualification or significant full-time experience (3 years minimum)
– Knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs
– Strong literacy and numeracy skills and excellent communication skills
Job description and application packs can be obtained from the School Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Closing date for applications is 24th September 2021.
Apply to: The Secretary The Elms School, Colwall, Worcs. WR13 6EF
Telephone: 01684 540344 e-mail: email@example.com